Today, I installed a new Hayward, Tri-Star variable speed pump because this old Pentair Dura-glass had sprung a leak. This pumps intake lines were pushed out, away from the pump, to make room for it. I'm assuming the original pump was a small, brass impeller pump and when the Dura-glass pump was installed, it didn't quite fit the way the old one did.
What I didn't like about the way its plumbed, is that the pipe was hanging above the ground about 5 inches. A brick was used to prop up the pipe to support it, so it would not flex to far and snap.
To install the new pump properly, I wanted to fix this problem. I dug down about 8" and moved the pipe out under ground, to eliminate the flexing and the need for the brick.
Here is the new pump installed and plumbed properly.
Comments are closed.